Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

Requirements for Scramble

Scramble experience, suggestions, strategies

Requirements for Scramble

Postby kenyon29 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:53 am

I will be gratuating from med school in May 2008. I took Step 1 and CS already, but won't take CK until April 2008. Can I enter the Scramble if I didn't enter the Match? Do I have to wait until next year?
kenyon29

Postby anatolyk » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:22 pm

Yes.

If you had Step 1, Step 2 CK and Step 2 CS passed by February, you would actually be eligible for the Match, not just SCramble.

Scramble does not have any formal requirements (unlike Match). There are some things that are a must: to have all steps passed and graduated from the school by the beginning of residency, so that you are eligible to start your training.
anatolyk

scramble list

Postby kenyon29 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:56 am

Thanks for the info. One more question... How do I go about getting a scramble list if I didn't join the Match?
kenyon29

Postby anatolyk » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:30 pm

You must register with NRMP to get the list. This registration is required even though you are not going to participate in the Match.

By the way, you might also want to register with ERAS as this will be the best way to submit your application in the Scramble. Even though ERAS limits you to 30 programs, it is still worth to register.
anatolyk

Return to Post Match Scramble