Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

I need some help on application?

Scramble experience, suggestions, strategies

I need some help on application?

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:32 am

Hi,

I am an IMG,graduated in jan2004,I scored 96 on step 1(1st attempt),passed cs(1st att),took ck last week and hoping to get results by 1st week april.

I am intending to go into surg prelim,i know its too late by now,but may be not that late.

I dont have LORs, may be i am asking for too much,but is there a chance to get hold of a position on basis of Deans Letter,score reports for step 1,CS,Personal Statement plus i am on H4 visa.

Not to think of US clinical experience i don't have LORs.But i am not gonna get depressed,anyways, i hope to have some input from you guys and G Luck to all of you out there.

Re: I need some help on application?

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:38 am

Anonymous wrote:Hi,

I am an IMG,graduated in jan2004,I scored 96 on step 1(1st attempt),passed cs(1st att),took ck last week and hoping to get results by 1st week april.

I am intending to go into surg prelim,i know its too late by now,but may be not that late.

I dont have LORs, may be i am asking for too much,but is there a chance to get hold of a position on basis of Deans Letter,score reports for step 1,CS,Personal Statement plus i am on H4 visa.

Not to think of US clinical experience i don't have LORs.But i am not gonna get depressed,anyways, i hope to have some input from you guys and G Luck to all of you out there.

I think i wanted to ask opinion of an experienced person,should i apply(i am talking about surg prelim,only 20 of the positions are left) and be hopeful coz i scored good on step 1 and PDs wil be impressed,or should i just forget about it.

Postby bansal » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:28 am

at this time, it will be of no use, as you are not ECFMG certified. try for 2007. good luck!
bansal

IMG Residency Match 2013 Service

Return to Post Match Scramble