Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

Wt things increase my chances of surgry in USA? American IMG

Observership, Externship, Research opportunities. United States Clinical Experience.

Wt things increase my chances of surgry in USA? American IMG

Postby zsabe » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:38 am

Hey all....

I am an international medical student studying outside USA in my 4th year ( in a 6-year program); which is my first clinical year of 3.I am also an American...
I have a one-month vacation next summer where i will be going back home to USA.... and i was wondering how could i use this month to increase my chances of getting a surgery residency in USA?? Any ideas??

I read about different programs (Observership/Research experience/Visitng medical student..... etc....) and honestly got mixed up on all of theses and now i donno wat can help a student in my status!! what do you advise??

Any advices?

I have been thinking about observership but most hospitals require passing step I USMLE which i have not applied for yet....

I am kinda lost ... please help :P!
zsabe

Re: Wt things increase my chances of surgry in USA? American IMG

Postby anatolyk » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:51 pm

Being a student, you should try to get a clerkship in the specialty of your application. You should have no problems doing that, just contact as many hospitals as you can. Go to their GME sections and they should be able to help.
anatolyk

Re: Wt things increase my chances of surgry in USA? American

Postby rutycyzyz » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:30 am

All the issues of the management are dealt for the convenience of the citizens. The use of the essaybox review is put forward for the people. The reign is inflicted for the use of the offers and options for the humans in the phase of the elements.
rutycyzyz

Return to USCE Observerships/Externships/Research US Clinical Experience