Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

Research Internship in Brooklyn, NY

Observership, Externship, Research opportunities. United States Clinical Experience.

Research Internship in Brooklyn, NY

Postby 1beercan » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:37 pm

This is a solicitation for applications for a Research Internship in the Department of Emergency Medicine at a teaching hospital with an Emergency Medicine Residency Program in Brooklyn. The department has filled 2 research internship positions per year, however a recent change in funding has opened up 2 new lines which will be filled if qualified applicants can be found. Positions can be filled from 6 months to 18 months on an as needed basis. Details follow:

Institution: New York Methodist Hospital, Department of Emergency Medicine

Description: The department has 6 to 10 projects running at any given time, with a primary focus on health services research. The department conducts both observational and interventional trials. Focus areas include asthma, acute coronary syndromes, stroke, sepsis, and biomarker surveillance. Successful applicants will be based in the clinical Emergency Department, although research projects run throughout the hospital from the general medical wards to the intensive care units. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required to interface with all members of the medical staff, nursing, patients, and family members. At this time the institution is not sponsoring visa applications.

Salary: $1,800 monthly stipend.

Hours: generally 40 hrs/week, but flexible to accommodate studies and residency interviews

Ample opportunity to work with faculty and participate in the clinical environment in the Emergency Department. Interns have historically gotten 2 abstracts and 1 manuscript out of a 1 year rotation. Letters of recommendation from faculty will be reflective of level of interest and initiative.

Interested parties should send a CV and letter of interest to:

Paris Dattilo, RN
Director of Research
Department of Emergency Medicine
New York Methodist Hospital
Brooklyn, NY 11216
oswanawake@gmail.com
1beercan

Re: Research Internship in Brooklyn, NY

Postby ndsos » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:40 am

Hi
I would like to apply. just wanted to know if there are any specific requirements.
ndsos

Postby 1beercan » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:20 am

No specific requirements. In the past 10 years our research fellows have gone into Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, OB/GYN, and Pediatrics. We've had a couple of interested applications for the new slot, although we recently had an unexpected PGY-1 opening in our EM residency and one of our research fellows took the slot. So we are short once again.
1beercan

Postby phoebius » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:11 am

Hi,

I was wondering if the positions are still open. I would definitely like to apply in case they were available.
phoebius

Postby ocnlucky » Fri May 29, 2015 6:14 pm

Hello.
I was wondering if the Research Internship still are still open. I would like to apply in case they were available.
thanks
ocnlucky

Return to USCE Observerships/Externships/Research US Clinical Experience