Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

Any research job or P.A. opportunity for IMG?

Observership, Externship, Research opportunities. United States Clinical Experience.

Any research job or P.A. opportunity for IMG?

Postby gmcab » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:46 pm

I am an IMG with the ECFMG certification, also I performed a Clinical Research course from Harvad Medical School. However I need a research job or maybe any other job like physician assistant for improving my application. I have been exploring the internet and some forums about it, but there is no reliable enough information and just a few positions already taken.
Does anybody knows something? Any advice would be useful...
Thanks
gmcab
gmcab

Re: Any research job or P.A. opportunity for IMG?

Postby Julia IMG Residency » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:40 pm

Indeed research work, any US clinical experience would greatly boost the chances for your application. The following post should be helpful: viewtopic.php?t=323

A formal in-patient externship or P.A. job is more difficult to get than actual residency. However, you can easily get outpatient externship in a private practice by simply calling the practices. You can go to www.webmd.com and search for primary care doctors in the area where you live or plan to live. You can make a good guess about the origin of a doctor by his/her name. Doctors originating from the same country as you are most likely IMGs as well and know exactly what kind of a situation you’re in. 90% of them will be sympathetic. 10% will agree to have you as an extern or offer you research work.
Julia IMG Residency

IMG Residency Match 2013 Service

Return to USCE Observerships/Externships/Research US Clinical Experience