Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

OBSERVER/ RESEARCH ASSISTANT

Observership, Externship, Research opportunities. United States Clinical Experience.

OBSERVER/ RESEARCH ASSISTANT

Postby drshruthi » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:26 pm

Hello,
I am a IMG, recently completed MD radiology residency from India. I am in US on a dependent visa. I wish to pursue observership /research in the US. I have not attempted any of the USMLE steps yet.
Meanwhile, I wish to get involved as an observer/ research assistant. Is this possible? If yes, please let me know how I should proceed.

Thanks
drshruthi

Re: OBSERVER/ RESEARCH ASSISTANT

Postby Julia IMG Residency » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:26 pm

A formal in-patient externship/observership sometimes is more difficult to get than actual residency. However, you can easily get outpatient externship in a private practice by simply calling the practices. You can go to http://www.webmd.com and search for primary care doctors in the area where you live or plan to live. You can make a good guess about the origin of a doctor by his/her name. Doctors originating from the same country as you are most likely IMGs as well and know exactly what kind of a situation you’re in. 90% of them will be sympathetic. 10% will agree to have you as an extern.
Julia IMG Residency

IMG Residency Match 2013 Service

Return to USCE Observerships/Externships/Research US Clinical Experience