Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

to anatolyk, PD WITH DRAWN MY OFFFER

This topic is dedicated to sharing personal experiences about unsuccessful residency, non renewed contracts, evil PDs and upper levels, etc. Posting your story you help others not to make the same mistake. This topic is anonymous, your identity is protected.

to anatolyk, PD WITH DRAWN MY OFFFER

Postby unlucky » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:57 am

regarding residency training license tranfer in same state. I have resigned to my residency in july with two weeks of joining, now I got another position in same state. I didnt inform the new program about my resignation and my licence status is acknowledgement letter. I mentioned it in the license application that I have resigned.

you are right.Now after I mentioned it, program director asked for details about my previous Pd( where I resigned),I dont know whether he spoke to her,but with drawn his offer because I didn,t tell him in the beginning in my resume.
what should I do now
unlucky
unlucky

Re: to anatolyk, PD WITH DRAWN MY OFFFER

Postby anatolyk » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:45 pm

Try to explain that you were confused whether or not. Try other places, but be upfront.
anatolyk

Postby amanbano » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:20 pm

Hello expert, I am a FMG who is doing IM in NY, however I really want to switch to Med/Peds, please if you have any advise for me or if you know anyone familiar with the procedure please do give me some information, please I shall be waiting, any kind of information about transfer or CONTACT of any candidate who has attempted successful transfer.. There is a website residency swap? What is your recommendation about it? I shall be so grateful, regards
amanbano

Postby anatolyk » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:36 pm

While working on transfer keep in mind these things:
1. You will have to sign your contract for nexct year at current program around February. If you have not secured a place by then, you are in a shaky ground. As soon as you sign the contract you cannot leave. Once you refused to sign the contract, you reveal your intention to leave and may become a target.
2. Once you find a program and they want you, you will need support from your current PD. However he or she won't be happy about that. So, you will have to be a real politician to find the right tone.

Positions for next year usually come in December-February timeframe. They often go unadvertised. Your best bet would be to contact as many programs as possible and ask them to keep your application in case position becomes available. This way you can ensure you aren't missing anything. You can either call and fax or call/e-mail as well as just e-mail the programs you didn't have time to call.
anatolyk

Postby amanbano » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:01 pm

Thankyou so much Anatolyk, I am really grateful, how do you propose I find positions, should I just make a list of emails from Frieda and just email the programs again and again. What do you think going from IM to IM/Peds, I shall be grateful, regards
amanbano

Postby anatolyk » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:23 am

e-mailing and calling would be your best bet.
anatolyk

IMG Residency Match 2013 Service

Return to Share your "bad" story