Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

Discrimination

This topic is dedicated to sharing personal experiences about unsuccessful residency, non renewed contracts, evil PDs and upper levels, etc. Posting your story you help others not to make the same mistake. This topic is anonymous, your identity is protected.

Discrimination

Postby axe » Mon May 23, 2005 1:30 am

Hi everyone,

Wanted to share a bad story about my experience with my program.
I am about to finish up my IM residency and had been working hard to secure myself a fellowship spot at my program.Now after spending 3 years of working hard and getting a large no. of publicatons/papers etc,they gave it to an AMG who did not do anything during her residency,because my PD does not like me.I feel cheated because they had been promising me the spot and they just turned around and gave it to the other resident,who incidentally is in my junior batch.

Because it is a competetive fellowship and our program is a community program,there are slim chances for me anywhere else.My goals have not been attained,and I feel like I wasted my 3 years in this program in Pennsylvania.Now I have to give up my dream because I did not suck up to my PD.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks.
axe

Lost fellowship chance

Postby philip123 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:01 am

Sorry to hear about the loss of the opportunity for a fellowship. But really no fellowship is promised. It is earned and sometimes politics may interfere with the judging of who deserves a spot. While you do not have any real recourse at this particular place, your best option is to focus on the other areas that you have applied to. I hope that you did not really focus on only one application, did you? It is imperative that you diversify your chances. If you have a sturdy research history and publications, you will surely luck into a place that values dedicated doctors more than political appointees.

Good luck.
philip123

Re: Discrimination

Postby Graham » Thu May 26, 2011 2:42 am

It is really a bad story and i am not happy just after reading it and i think where politics enter everything goes to destroy and i have seen in many places and at different occasions.

personal trainer orange county
Graham

IMG Residency Match 2013 Service

Return to Share your "bad" story