Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

resigned from residency

This topic is dedicated to sharing personal experiences about unsuccessful residency, non renewed contracts, evil PDs and upper levels, etc. Posting your story you help others not to make the same mistake. This topic is anonymous, your identity is protected.

resigned from residency

Postby Russianimg » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:29 pm

Dear Anatonyk,
I need advice, Do not know what to do. I Came to the US in 45 yo. being with extensive experience in pediatric critical care and pediatric anesthesiolgy.
Passed USMLE on 75/78, after 3 years of figth in 52 yo in 1998y found preliminary
medicine, successfully finished, In 1999 august Joined into anesthesiology program. In the first month came in conflict with a wery powerful attending( I stopped patient from surgery, rigth before, due to aortic stenosis, missed by this attending.) Since that she started to brainwashing people arround, make
pressure on me, another words i left program in a 5mo(resigned) I did not have energy to fight because my son was terribly sick this time. He died in a spring in 2000. I was in a shock for 3 years, was able to do the only simple job - Phlebotomy. In 2003 I got ability to work by brain again,
Due to expiration of 7 year period I repassed my USMLE with score 97/96.
Passed cs. preparing st 3. I am 60y old now, but strong and i think, I can overcome residency in FM. The only question one. My preliminary year is OK. My anesthesiology 5 mo are not credited. And it was before millenium.
What you think should i open my history( I mean in CV) completely, partially, or not at all?
Thank you for your time,
russianimg.
Russianimg

The future

Postby anatolyk » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:20 am

I am sure you can find a PGY-2 in FM, may be IM as long as there is no history of your involvement in any liability related cases during your residency.

Work hard on your Personal Statement, make it attractive professionally as well as from human perspective.

Get LORs from your IM residency and if you can get any positives from the Aneth.

Look for PGY-2 right now as it is the best time. Call/e-mail ALL the programs. Finf FP opening 800 number in this forum and start with PGY-2 openings from their list.
anatolyk

Please answer, Thanks

Postby sc » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:44 am

Hi :
You are so brave and smart to continue doing to get what you want. And even got best score I have ever heard of. I am sure you will soon get into the residency. I also have the same situation like you, passed 7years period, haven't finished step 3. I am thinking of redoing step 1and 2. I called to ECFMG today and ask about that. They said I was ecfmg certified and can not do so except in the situation like I apply to step 3 in the state where it needs 7years period and they asked me to retake my exams and that recent scores cannot be used in residency application. I just would like you to advice me how you retake the exam? Please e mail me at kyintchwa@yahoo.com. Thanksss. I am in the critical situation to decide what I should do next.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:44 am.
sc

IMG Residency Match 2013 Service

Return to Share your "bad" story