Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

Has anyone used IMG Prep???

Residency Match, ECFMG, ERAS, NRMP.
Applications, interviews, residency programs, match strategies and post match scramble.

Has anyone used IMG Prep???

Postby syousse » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:51 am

Hi all,

There is a training consulting company called IMG prep that allows IMGs to obtain externships around the states. HAS anyone used their services????

It costs about $5500 for a 3 month externship that is HANDS ON PATIENTS... it is at hospitals that are affiliated with Emory Hospital at Atlanta Georgia.

I am a bit skeptical of this program because its hard to believe I'm going to get hands on training (only have step 1 not US medical grad). its a lot of money and want to know if anyone had used IMG prep before?? It would REALLY help to talk to some people who have!

So please give me info if you have any!

Thanks!!
syousse

Postby anatolyk » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:11 am

If you want to advertise here, please be our guest and follow the procedure. I never liked the idea of posting Qs pretending to be a "researcher" and have seen this done multiple times by different not so honest companies. You are hurting yourself instead of helping.
anatolyk

Postby syousse » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:51 am

Ok.... im not "advertising" i'm asking a question.

I've posted the same question on like 4 different forums. I have been in contact with IMG prep and dont want to pay the money until I get some opinions about their services.

They wont give me any references of people who have gone to Atlanta and done the externship and I dont want to pay all this money and then not get a good externship. for me its hard to believe i'll get hands on...

My question is if anyone has used it and if its worth it? They keep telling me all this good stuff but I want someones opinion who doesnt work there- - a person who has used them.

Considering practically no one has replied to all my posts, I am assuming no one uses them.

I have heard that the woman who I talk to with IMG prep used to be with fmg amer..... had anyone used them?
syousse

Postby drb » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:52 pm

well, i have heard of [deleted] too...
and i checked out a site called gmc groups when someone posted it on this forum.... which also promised on hands on its site.. but when i contacted them.... though they did have some contacts in few of the cities.. they mostly happenned to be purely outpatient set ups..
they do have one hospital affiliation in Atlanta, which I assume is Emory,,but not sure.. but again.. the website promises a lot .. but u r not that satisfied when u call.. there is so much uncertainity...
but the cost they said me was around 2000$ for one month.. and then again..there is no guarantee that u may get an Lor.. without whichh well the USCe of no much use..
drb

Postby anatolyk » Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:19 am

Here is a similar opinion from another forum:

http://www.prep4usmle.com/forum/thread/41507
anatolyk

my experience with fmg amer

Postby jlopez8to » Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:19 pm

If you are considering using such services to help you get residency. I would suggest that you be very careful. They charge lots of money for their services and you may not get what you expect. I can tell you that I did use fmg amer for a post match scramble service and paid them about $1200 in certified check. The contract that I signed with them stipulated that if I got a match in the national residency matching program then they would refund 50% for my money. I was very happy that I did not need to do the post match scramble because I got a match. On the other hand I lost 1/2 of my money because fmg amer refused to refund my money. They did nothing to help me get a residency. I am very disappointed with their business practices.

I would like to caution others who might be considering getting such service because there are some businesses that are not reputable.
I wish I would have checked with BBB (Better Business Bureau) because fmg amer has many complaint filed against them there.
jlopez8to

Re: Has anyone used IMG Prep???

Postby sycuhecof » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:40 am

The accessibility of the man is judged on all spaces for the individuals. It has been scored with https://www.aussiessayservices.com/bigassignments-review/ for all investigating elements and features for the persons.
sycuhecof

IMG Residency Match 2013 Service

Return to Residency Match: ECFMG, ERAS, NRMP