Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

Advice appreciated!

Residency Match, ECFMG, ERAS, NRMP.
Applications, interviews, residency programs, match strategies and post match scramble.

Advice appreciated!

Postby Bona » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:55 pm

I am considering to get advice from http://www.imgresidency.com
got step 1 204, step 2 242, CS first attempts, waiting to get the result of Step 3. I had an externship in family practice for 1.5 mo, i am doing an other externship in internal medicine( private practice) this mo, then next mo i will be referred to S. Joseph hospital for an other externship and possible research. I submitted an abstract for global workshop in Family medicine that was accepted. Disavantages-i graduated on 2002, i have not worked since i came in USA on sep 2010 the time i started studying for USMLE. I need H1 sponsorship , (i am with my husband student documents.)
I have some publications and worked for Peace Corps, World Vision, USAID. I have been a Family physician in my country. When i read comments , seems so difficult to get into a residency. I don't know, i am confused. I feel sorry for the low score in step 1, i had no information or contacts regarding courses, i did no one at all, used some old Kaplan books, i can't change that. I have a lot of CME and training certificates and i can't include those in Eras application. I have been one of the teacher of CME programs in my country can i include that in Eras?
I believe if Almighty God open the door no one can close it, if He close it no one can open it.
Thanks for your advice in advance.
Bona

Re: Advice appreciated!

Postby anatolyk » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:31 am

With your completed and coming clinical rotations, you are on a right track. Your biggest challenge is going to be getting something close to where your husband is. I assume he is tied up to his university and won't be able to move. Depending on how long it is till your husband graduation, you may have to live far from each other for just a year. Depending on his job prospects, you may become a better drive for getting him a work permit and a green card.

Make sure you collect LORs from your experiences, emphasize them in your CV/CAF, and apply as wide as you can afford. Wish you luck!
anatolyk

Postby Bona » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:44 pm

What do you think about imgresidency. com, from one of the testimonials it looks that your are the advicer there. Am i correct? It may cost much more without having help in this complicated application process. Thanks a lot in advance!
Bona

Postby anatolyk » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:56 pm

Yes, and I am not commenting on IMG Residency because of potential conflict of interests.
anatolyk

ERAS application

Postby Bona » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:46 pm

Is any place where i can include the extership experience in ERAS application, i don't see any option in the format?
Thank you!
Bona

Postby anatolyk » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:31 am

Put them under Work experience. These are most important experiences and putting them under Work, makes them show first.
anatolyk

Postby Bona » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:54 pm

Thank you so much!
Bona

Postby Bona » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:44 am

Just got step 3 score 225, hope my CK 242 and all first attempts will help me in the match even though i have low score in step 1 204. So sorry i didn't know anything about available online courses like USMLE world in the first test. Just love the externship in internal medicine, i am treated and considered a colleague. I have been a family physician , but i am fascinated from internal medicine, love critical thinking and complicated diagnosis. After step 3 the best experience i could have.
Bona

Postby Bona » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:06 pm

Does anyone know what's CAF abbreviation?
Bona

Postby anatolyk » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:42 pm

Common Application Form - major form applicants fill in ERAS.
anatolyk

Return to Residency Match: ECFMG, ERAS, NRMP