Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

4 Year MD Program After 12th

Residency Match, ECFMG, ERAS, NRMP.
Applications, interviews, residency programs, match strategies and post match scramble.

4 Year MD Program After 12th

Postby adsee123 » Tue May 14, 2013 2:09 am

I am a US citizen who has moved to India to study 11th and 12th (CBSE Board). I recently got admission into a 4 year MD program at a Carribean medical school (St. Martinus). So this allows me go to medical school directly after 12th (11th and 12th in India is at a higher level therefore equivalent to premed).

Will this cause any problem later on in my career when applying for residencies? I already know being an US IMG, it will be harder for me to get residency as compared to an AMG. But will the fact that I go to medical school directly from 12th grade affect my chances of getting a residency?
adsee123

Re: 4 Year MD Program After 12th

Postby Julia IMG Residency » Tue May 28, 2013 10:40 am

You should not have any problems as long as you get MD Degree from St. Martinus University. You will be applying as an IMG. The fact that you went to med school directly from 12th grade will not affect your Match chances. So you should not worry about this matter.
If you are caribbean fresh gard, pass USMLEs with good scores you'd make a competitive IMG Applicant. Bets of luck to you!
Julia IMG Residency

Return to Residency Match: ECFMG, ERAS, NRMP