Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

About GPA...

Residency Match, ECFMG, ERAS, NRMP.
Applications, interviews, residency programs, match strategies and post match scramble.

About GPA...

Postby ThelmaYart17 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:11 am

I am an international medical graduate. I studied in Mexico and got a 3.8 gpa

My questiona are : is it considered low? Outstanding usmle scores could help? What do I have to do to match?

Thanks for your answers.
ThelmaYart17

Re: About GPA...

Postby ThelmaYart17 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:12 am

I am an international medical graduate. I studied in Mexico and got a 3.8 (96 in my country) gpa

My questions are : is it considered low? Outstanding usmle scores could help? What do I have to do to match?

Thanks for your answers.
ThelmaYart17

ThelmaYart17

Re: About GPA...

Postby Julia IMG Residency » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:02 am

Obviously successful Match is the combination of factors: USMLE scores, number of attempts, Year of Graduation, School, clinical experience, LORS, visa status, etc.

Having strong USMLE scores with first attempt at each step, being fresh Graduate, with supportive LORs would make you rather competitive candidate.

3.8 GPA sounds like a good result! Good Job!

In order to increase your chances for the Match you could consider getting some hands-on clinical experience in the US, that could give you some fresh Letters of Recommendations from US Doctors (that are rather valuable here), taking Step 3, select 'right' the programs to apply
Julia IMG Residency

IMG Residency Match 2013 Service

Return to Residency Match: ECFMG, ERAS, NRMP