Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

Content of Step 3?

Step 3 test taking strategies, test preparation materials and centers

Content of Step 3?

Postby ACh » Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:21 pm

If Step 3 is usually done after the 1st year of residency, does it contain everything contained in Step 2? I mean, say you're doing a surgical residency, would you then get internal med, fm, ped, psych questions
in Step 3? Would appreciate an answer :-).
ACh

Re: Content of Step 3?

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:52 pm

ACh wrote:If Step 3 is usually done after the 1st year of residency, does it contain everything contained in Step 2? I mean, say you're doing a surgical residency, would you then get internal med, fm, ped, psych questions
in Step 3? Would appreciate an answer :-).

does not matter when you write step III, they will ask you questions, pertaining to almost every field.
so even if you are surgery resident, you might get questions from pediatrics, gynaeobs, psychiatry, and medicine.
the questions are though clinical you need to practice mcqs, however, i feel it is your management of clinical cases that decides how your result shall be, i am suggesting not sure, but i am sure questions are from varied specialities.
that is why people prefer to write it earlier, rather then ending speciality residency, when it might be more tough to pass.

Return to USMLE Step 3