Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

step 3 centres and scheduling

Step 3 test taking strategies, test preparation materials and centers

step 3 centres and scheduling

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:40 am

california seems to have very minimal requirements for taking step 3? is it ok for an fmg to choose california as their board?..........also if you choose california, does it mean that you have to go to california to take the exam?...........this may seem like a silly enquiry but what are the centres offering step 3 and how flexible is the scheduling of the exams?..........are there similar 5 centres as in CS? since i am yet to be ecfmg certified, i cannot apply but i need to know it to plan my stay in US...please help

Postby bansal » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:34 am

YOU CAN TAKE ANYWHERE YOUR STEP-3,and once you pass it,it is valid allover the USA. however I recommend you to choose connecticut as your sponsoring board, as no US residency training is required for this board. once you will get your orange card you can take your exam anywhere in US and Canada.
bansal

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:53 am

bansal wrote:YOU CAN TAKE ANYWHERE YOUR STEP-3,and once you pass it,it is valid allover the USA. however I recommend you to choose connecticut as your sponsoring board, as no US residency training is required for this board. once you will get your orange card you can take your exam anywhere in US and Canada.

are you suggesting that you can write this stepIII ANYWHERE IN USA AND/OR CANADA.
I thought for someone from canada, they have to go to us to write step III?
Kindly acknowledge

Postby anatolyk » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:02 pm

I am not sure about Canada, but I know that in the U.S. you do not have to sit for the step 3 at the same state you specified as "licensing authority".
anatolyk

IMG Residency Match 2013 Service

Return to USMLE Step 3