Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

obgyn residency

Program scoop. IMG friendly programs/hospitals

obgyn residency

Postby siddhimankame » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:50 am

HI ALL,
Im planning to apply for OBGYN this year. However, there are some programs that require US clinical experience for a year, and some upto 3 years. Do they mean prelim years? Also, is it a good idea to apply for prelim positions (med. surg) which might be used as clinical experience for the next year's match? Also, does applying for Fam Med. serve the same purpose? Thanks in advance.
siddhimankame

Re: obgyn residency

Postby anatolyk » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:51 am

You should ask them directly what they require. If this is GME, that yould mean residency training.
anatolyk

Postby rajatmehta1988 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:07 am

HI! I also want to know is preliminary year or transitional year of any help in strengthening my OB/GYN application. I have a weak application, should i go for prelim/transitional year and apply to ob/Gyn again next year. OR Should i try to get in Family Medicine this year and try for a transfer to OB/GYN next year or may be a fresh OB/GYN application next year..

Thank You.
rajatmehta1988

Postby Julia IMG Residency » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:44 pm

Preliminary , Transitional training in the USA would certainly strengthen your residency application. However TY is very hard to get as well as Surgery prelim. Internal Medicine Preliminary is comparatively accessible. In addition to PGY-1 training you should also apply for FM / IM categorical. They are top two IMG Friendly specialties!
Julia IMG Residency

IMG Residency Match 2013 Service

Return to Programs. IMG Friendly Hospitals