Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

Any chances?

Program scoop. IMG friendly programs/hospitals

Any chances?

Postby ihuax » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:09 am

Hi, I'm still an undergrad from Poland (3rd year in 6y MD program) and I'm interested in being a resident in US.
I have a lot of time to choose my options, but I'd like to predecide and prepare better for the future.
Passing USMLE shouldn't be a problem. 99 score is achievable if I understand the two-digits system well (>229 out of 322 for step 1? - correct me if I'm wrong).
I have some clinical exp here on-site and I think that till graduation I'll get much more (resulting in bunch of lors). Sadly, getting any clinical exp in US will be hardly possible for me.
I'm interested in GS programs.

What are my chances to get into decent program if I get good scores but without prior experience in US?
ihuax

Re: Any chances?

Postby anatolyk » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:08 pm

I would strongly encourage you to seek a clerkship or elective in the U.S. while you are still at medical school. This will definitely boost your chances.
anatolyk

Re: Any chances?

Postby ihuax » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:15 am

Yeah, after digging a lot of info from different forums, I've came across clerkships and electives...It's definitely doable, so I think that I'll go that way;)
ihuax

IMG Residency Match 2013 Service

Return to Programs. IMG Friendly Hospitals