Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

Whole immigration process

Immigration issues, H1B and J1 visa sponsorship issues

Whole immigration process

Postby circepix » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:48 am

Hello, I'm new on the forum. :) I hope this isn't the kind of question you hear all the time(I tried looking it up on the forum and couldn't find anything that would answer my exact question), but I will soon finish medical school and I'm interested in immigrating into the US. However, the whole process is extremely unclear to me. I've looked it up, but honestly, as a non-US citizen I have no idea what I'm reading when I come across terms like J-1 and H-something and do not understand the steps that i need to take to become a doctor in the US. :) I would like to know more about the entire process of becoming a licensed doctor in the US. I would also like to mention I do not only want to do my residency in the US, I would like to live there permanently. I know I need to take the 3 Steps of the USMLE, however it is unclear to me how things go after that.

How EXACTLY do I go about getting employed? I do not have US citizenship and I know I would need some kind of work visa, but what about a Green Card? How is that obtained? If anyone could give a small example of their experience, or really just summarize the actual steps. I don't want to spend my money on taking the Steps and then go to the US and realize I can't get hired, I can't work there and I'm starving. :)

Thank you for your time. :)
circepix

Re: Whole immigration process

Postby maryrosie » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:17 pm

I am also learning about some types of work visas, hoping to have an accurate answer! wuxiaworld
maryrosie

Re: Whole immigration process

Postby jeniferlewis77 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:13 am

What is it like? Is it similar to the US immigration process? https://www.assignmentcorp.com/buy-assignment
Learning tests? Plus fees to pay? How long will it demand? Do you have to be in Australia the entire time you are displaying an immigrant? Are you allowed to become a citizen if you have no relation to Australia? Once you become an immigrant are you ever allowed to become a citizen? (Through marriage)
jeniferlewis77

IMG Residency Match 2013 Service

Return to Immigration and Visas