Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

Please help VISA expert.

Immigration issues, H1B and J1 visa sponsorship issues

Please help VISA expert.

Postby katy » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:55 pm

I am currently on H4 but my husband has applied for his green card. His labour certificate is yet to arrive but since he is expected to be on EB2 his wait time is suppose to be less than usual. My question is i have to apply for J1, but how do i find out whether my J1 is exempt from the 2 year return to your home country? I am assuming that like everyone else my visa will be processed by ECFMG, so how will it be different?
Q2. Is it possible to have it stamped in canada instead of going to my home country or is this a requisite to return to your home country to apply for J1?
Q3. Once it is stamped how can i renew it every year so i can travel home without placing my residency in any jeapordy?
Q4. Since my husband will have a GC and he will be living and working here in US, wouldn't the visa counselor object to me being on J1 as it's a visitor exchange visa and doesn't allow for dual intent, will he not wonder about my intent to live in US beyond my residency training?
Q5. Can i forego the visa scene all together if i wait for my husband's GC to process, what are the possibilities of it being managed within 3 months even if there is no wait time for our country. And will the Program director go with this? I will appreciate your reponse, and any guidance you may be abe to provide. Thank you in anticipation.
katy

Re: Please help VISA expert.

Postby studyabroadlife » Wed May 23, 2018 5:11 am

You may have pre-interview jitters as well as constantly worrying about the perfect answers to the questions asked by the Visa officer. Sometimes they are tricky but can be easily tackled. There is not as such any universal procedure for getting the visa. Some countries have a very stringent rule while some have relaxed. Making it through visa interviews is just following some step scrupulously. However, it is somewhat similar for all the countries.
studyabroadlife

Postby cuwabicu » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:06 am

Visa expert was sitting in front of immigration office for assistance of those who did not know the process about this. I also try to get visa so I read all the instruction and process from australian-writings.net this has all the information about the process of all the immigration office.
cuwabicu

Postby dajimraper » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:35 am

I agree with this opinion.
dajimraper

Return to Immigration and Visas