Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

Relocating + H1b + 3 years required for license process NC?!

Immigration issues, H1B and J1 visa sponsorship issues

Relocating + H1b + 3 years required for license process NC?!

Postby beeeso » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:42 pm

Hi there,
I really need help regarding this issue, I am currently a PGY3 in Ohio and I have my permanent license in Ohio, and I am planning to relocate to NC, and I faced with my potential employer there during the interview a question that till now I don't have an answer to, which is?

I tried applying for the license for NC, but it won't allow me to have a permanent license processed till I am done with 3 years post graduation of internal medicine residnecy, but obviously by that time my H1b will be over! So the question is, can the employer still process my H1b and the green card from now even though by the time I get done with my residency I will not have a permanent license yet? and what am I supposed to do in that situation? for instance can I be hired this way and be on H1b already, and yet not having the permenent license still? is it gonna be temporary or what exactly gonna happen?

a huge question? because this means that any one finishing residency and on H1b cannot relocate to a state that requires 3 years of PGrad training to have the process of permanent license processed? which is rediculous?

I need your help please,,,

beeeso
thank you
have a nice day
beeeso

Re: Relocating + H1b + 3 years required for license process NC?!

Postby anatolyk » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:28 pm

I cannot tell for sure it will work same way in NC, but here is the situation in TX.
TMB won't issue a license to IMG until one completes 3 years of training. However, one can apply for the license before completing his/her training and the license gets issued on the next board meeting after graduation from the residency.

But you have to check with your board f it works same way.
anatolyk

IMG Residency Match 2013 Service

Return to Immigration and Visas