Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors: - Customized Program Requirements - IMG Match and Scramble Services

what visa should i apply for entering us for residency

Immigration issues, H1B and J1 visa sponsorship issues

what visa should i apply for entering us for residency

Postby dina » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:04 pm

i am new to this forum and i found it very helpful..this is directed to visa expert ,anatolyk or anyone who can help me.i am an img from india with no us visa..i am planning to give usmle step 1 and 2..but i just really need to know whether it is possible to get into residency in the us..whether i should pursue this or not ? and if i do...
1) What should be my visa for the residency? and how do i procure it? do i need an agency? do i need a sponsor ? Because i will need to be in the US for the part that involves applying and trying for programs .
2) If i do get a residency , will i get to work there or will i have to return back to my country.. are there chances of getting a green card in the future?
i would be extremely grateful if i could get some help as i want to pursue the chance of a residency when compared to the other options i have..i just dont know if its a practical idea to try for the us.. i need to know if there is a reasonable chance of making it.
thanks for the help
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:45 pm

Re: what visa should i apply for entering us for residency

Postby anatolyk » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:49 am

1. You can do residency on J1 or H1B.
2. On J1 you have to return to home country, unless you accept a job that makes you eligible for a waiver
Posts: 2147
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:17 pm

Return to Immigration and Visas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests