Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

visa

Immigration issues, H1B and J1 visa sponsorship issues

visa

Postby seren » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:23 pm

Im a uk citizen and i have been here to the us twice once in aug 05 and dec for 2 months at a time i came over on the visa waiver programme where it doesnt require u to go to the embassy to get a visa a it is visa free on that perticalar programme i want to come back to the us on a 6 month visa so i can look at schools that i may want to attend once i have completed my at home study course. i had received a reply which was great from another user but it kinda worried me as i had planned to say i was visiting to loook into prostective nursing schools they said that this might not be a good enough reason for me to be given a 6 month visa i have no family here in the us but i have friends and as i have not been to the embassy for a interview i was just wondering what type of questions they ask so i can be better prepared.

kind regaurds

seren
seren

Postby bansal » Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:43 pm

if u r uk citizen,then u don't have to worry abt that.it's a fair enough reason.but i think you can enter without visa,just at port of entry request for the 6 months stay,instead of 3 months.rest check with the US embassy in your country.
main questions are;
what is purpose of your visit?
how you will support yourself while ur stay?
how long you intend to stay?
where U will stay there?
these type of general questions they use to ask.
bansal

Re:

Postby romavia » Mon May 06, 2013 7:30 am

I guess it's a fair reason behind that, you are a UK citizen. You don't need to worry about it. But I suggest that you have to take a look at the restrictions applied in the stated law of the country that may help you in making good decision though.
romavia

Re: visa

Postby sujeyet23 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:54 am

As you are citizens of Uk , so i think don't be worried about that. it will be as your prefer by the time. so keep it up and stay on this . thanks
sujeyet23

Postby samorgs » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:19 pm

Hello Every Buddy,

Here UK Citizen has not worry about the Visa. You are enter without visa, but you have request for port of entry stay 3 months stay without any kind of visa.

thanks
samorgs

Postby care » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:47 pm

Oh!! That's great to hear... about Visa..

RV college of Engineering direct admission
care

Return to Immigration and Visas