Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

Do i have to take step 3 in order to get reside,I am on H4b?

Immigration issues, H1B and J1 visa sponsorship issues

Do i have to take step 3 in order to get reside,I am on H4b?

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:17 am

Hi,

i am on H-4b status,i was told before coming here,hey you will be fine,u will be in heaven,u can start working from the day u enter US.I don't blame my partner a 100%.i was dumb.Not that i got married because i wanted to come into this heaven ,but my partner knew that who i was,i was a doctor,i had not even finished my med school when i got married,then i finished it and came here,now its been 2 years,i stay at home all the day,for past 22 years i had not felt this helpless,don't have money to buy health inssurance and God wanted to add to this by blessing me with diseases.I have somehow managed to take my usmle's thinking i have to keep up no matter what and got above 90 scores.

Had high hopes of future and a vision for myself which almost dies every other day.Now i can't do volunteer/externship,they tell me u are on non-working visa and because of that HIPPA LAW(pateints privacy law comes along).May be because i go to departments by myself without any big guy refering me.i don't know.i guess i will keep on trying until i find one.

Now i have heard that since my status is H-4b i can't get a residency on J-1 or H-1 without prior taking step 3.I want to know if its true or not.Has anyone like my status ever got into residecy without 1st passing step 3.

I will truly appreciate your thoughts.

doc

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:27 am

I am already regretting wasting your time so please help me with this Q only, if you don't want to read above miserable story.

I have done my usmle 1 and 2.Now i have heard that since my status is H-4b i can't get a residency on J-1 or H-1 without prior taking step 3.I want to know if its true or not.Has anyone like my status ever got into residecy without 1st passing step 3.

I will truly appreciate your thoughts.

doc

Postby anatolyk » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:00 pm

1. You cannot get H1 without having Step 3 passed. But you can get J1. The only problem with J1 is that you cannot continue your green card processing (assuming you have one going) and have to return back to your home country after completing your residency.

2. I would also start looking into taking Step 3. There is plenty of time before March 2007.
anatolyk

Return to Immigration and Visas